Friday, December 4, 2009

strawberries and read heads




A few weeks ago Gretchen wore this adorable dress to church. All my girls have worn it, but I never got pictures of the other two in it. Why I don't know, but I wish I had. It may seem like just an adorable dress to you, but it is extra special to me. See my mom made it, She was an incredible seamstress. She loved to make dresses for little girls, and I know if she was here today she would be sewing up a storm for my girls. I am lucky that I do have my sister Lynelle that has made many beautiful dresses for my girls and some really cute gator stuff for Dallin, I don't want to sound ungrateful for all she has done for my kids, but I have moments when I really want my mom to be here enjoying my kids. I know she would just eat them up and spoil them like crazy. I know she is not hurting and is in a much better place and I know that I will see her again, but I just want to take a selfish moment and miss her terribly. The last week or so has been a tough one for me, I am not sure exactly why, I guess just the holidays, but man do I miss that wonderful person I called mom. She was such an example to me and influenced me to try to be a good, honest, faithful person. I know I fall short, but I hope to one day be as a great a mother as she was. She always wanted a red headed, and so I am sure she pulled some strings and was excited when Gretchen got to come meet us. I am quite sure she gave Gretchen a big kiss right before she let her go to come down to earth. I hope that my children will one day understand what a wonderful mother I had and I look forward to the day when I can show them off to her in heaven.


2 comments:

Carol said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mother and the dress is certainly something special - look how Gretchen looks like an angel in it.

Georges said...

Aww, what a great post! I'm sure your mom is so proud to have you as a daughter! Gretchen is adorable!