Sunday, August 30, 2009





This Summer Estella and Amelia were on the YMCA swim team. It was a lot of fun and they seemed to like it. It sure made me appreciate my mother even more. I was on swim team for 4 years when I was younger and my mom Faithfully took us to practice every morning. It was about 35 minutes away and we had to be there at 8am. It is amazing how you don't realize all the sacrifices they make cause you are to worried about yourself. I now know it was a huge sacrifice for her. Estella had practice everyday at 8am, but we only live about 8 minutes from the pool. I so wanted to sleep in it was summer vacation! But I am so glad that they did it and had a good time. Estella did really well. She shaved 15 seconds off of her freestyle. Amelia liked to go swim,but she didn't want to compete. She was to afraid of the crowds and she doesn't cope so well in those situations, so she just swam at practice and learned how to improve her technique. Maybe next year she will try to swim in a meet. This also gave us a chance to get our business out into the community a little. We did the shirts for the team. Cute Huh? and we were blessed with the opportunity to have a booth at the state meet where we did about 75 orders for towels and bags. It was fun and I hope we can do it again next year!

1 comment:

Nancy Seaman said...

I love it when you talk about doing things in Tifton next year!