Monday, November 17, 2008



So there is this apartment complex that we always pass when we come to Tifton. When I was about 4 months pregnant with Amelia I suggested the name Amelia to David as we passed by the apartments. He said, uh no. then when we found out she was a girl I put it on the name list anyway. well then we decided that we really wanted to name her Hazel after Davids Grandmother. I never decide what I am going to name my kids till I see what they look like. I know most people think I am crazy, but hey to me they have to look like the name I choose. So with Amelia we know we were going to have her middle name be Hazel, so we had to figure out what name we wanted to go with it and the morning we went to have her David said how about Amelia. Isn't it so typical that a man has to feel like things are their idea. I told him that I suggested that names months ago, but of course he didn't remember. Well, as you all know we did end up naming her Amelia. I know it is sad that there isn't much meaning behind why we named her that besides an old apartment complex we would drive by, but atleast her middle name is very meaningful.

Anyway, since we have moved down here and Amelia can reconize letters she has noticed that the apartments have her name, so they are now HER apartments. Oh, and don't think you can try to explain it to her. She is determined that they are hers, infact Estella and Amelia have gotten into quite a few argurments over this. Amelia just tells Estella that she is just jealous because she doesn't have any apartments. Isn't childhood the greatest.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I think that sign is quite appropriate in many ways. Well, maybe not since Amelia is not quite "energy efficient". Cute picture and she looks very happy in front of "her" apartments.

7 and loving it! said...

This is awesome!! Madison has laughed her butt off while I read this to her!!!That is typical sibling rilvary!