Monday, November 17, 2008

Why we have grandaddys


The kids sure do love going for rides with grandaddy. Gretchen will run over to him and just climb right up in his lap. This is the joy of living in Tifton. There are lots of thing that I don't like about this little town, but I know of a few Great reasons for being here. One is Grandmom and Grandad. This is time that my children are so lucky to have. I never knew my grandparents except for one of my grandmothers and even then we only saw her every few years. My kids get to see their Great Grandparents everyday. I know that they don't appreciate this privilege like they should, but to me it is priceless. I am also grateful that we get to spend time with Davids parents. They are so selfless to let us come in their home and take over their space. Nana helps with Gretchen so much. I can going to the grocery store all by myself. it is great.




5 comments:

Carol said...

I love the pictures!!! You're right in that your children and you get to know Mom and Dad. I never had the opportunity to really get to know my grandparents and don't remember any of my great grandparents. I've always felt it a blessing that Corey has a relationship with his and that he too will treasure that one day although I know he does even now.

The Ritchies said...

I enjoy reading your thoughts and comments. I like the Christmas wallpaper. I noticed that you lost all of your friends and family links. You can use my post to link back to our blog. Glen has posted the last couple of times. I missed you at church yesterday. I hope that you are feeling better. Let me know if there is anything that we can do to help.

K Sue said...

Hey Elieen! It is so cool to find old friends and their blogs. Your little girls are so cute! Good luck with the boy. We have three kids and living in CA. Hope you have a Great Thanksgiving! Blogs are so fun.

7 and loving it! said...

Hey there Eileeen.... we miss you so much... but I am grateful you have this time with David's Family. Just know we love you and miss you and the girls all the time...Congrats on the BOY!!!Yaaaayyy... Hope you had a happy turkey day.... Love Angela, Madison and Braelinn

Anonymous said...

Eileen! It's EBONY! Y'know - your long lost soul sister who ended up in the frigid Logan, UT!

I'm so excited to find this blog and see how you are. Your daughters are adorable!

My blog is pathetic - I have too many bloggy things and neglect this one, so I'll have to update it soon and get pics up and running.

Hope you guys are doing well!